FITIS Education and Training Chapter
Any body corporate concerned with the Education and Training in the ICT industry, associated products specified by the Council of FITIS and duly registered as an Education or Training Institute is eligible to apply for Membership of the Chapter.
Objectives of FITIS Education and Training Chapter
- To promote, encourage, foster, develop, coordinate and protect the interests of members.
- To provide a negotiating body and to represent the Member on matters concerning them, and in discussions with the Government of Sri Lanka and instrumentality’s thereof.
- To formulate, maintain and publish codes of conduct to be observed by the members and to promote and encourage high standards of conduct, service and performance and to develop the confidence and respect of the public.
- To acquire in the interests of Sri Lankan community at large and in the field of computer education and training, knowledge of proposed Sri Lankan or overseas legislation in any way affecting or relating to this field or which could affect or relate to it.
- To create a greater public awareness of the benefits of computer education and training and the role played by the Members of the association
- To afford its members an opportunity for interchanging opinions and discussions on matters affecting Computer Education and Training.
- To collect , compile and distribute amongst its Members, information and data which will be of assistance in achieving the objectives of the Association.
Executive Committee of FITIS Education and Training Chapter 2020/2021
|Vajira Karunarathna||AIMS College of Business & IT (Pvt) Ltd||President|
|Amila Bandara||ESOFT Metro Campus (Pvt) Ltd||Vice President|
|S P Romesh||Asian Business College||Immediate Past President|
|Sachith Karunarathna||AAT Computer Training Centre||Treasurer|
|Chaminda Ranasinghe||Australian College of Business & Technology (ACBT)||Asst. Secretary|
|Rasadari Sajeewa Ranasinghe||Gateway Centre for Information Technology||Asst. Treasure|
|Ilham Marikkar||Amazon College||ExCo Member|
|Christie Samuel||Infinity Centre for Higher Studies||ExCo Member|
|Thushara Edirisinghe||Vocational Training Authority – VTA||ExCo Member|
|Kithsiri Manchanayake||AIMS College of Business & IT (Pvt) Ltd||Seinor Advisor|
|Viraj Pinto Jayawardena||MATRIX Institute of Information Technology (Pvt) Ltd||Advisor|
|Upul Dasanayake||School of Foreign Trade & Export Strategy||Advisor|